1. Honest - Display sincerity, integrity, and candor in all your actions.
2. Competent - Base your actions on reason and moral principles.
3. Forward-looking - Set goals and have a vision of the future. The vision must be owned throughout the organization. Effective leaders envision what they want and how to get it.
4. Inspiring - Display confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance in mental, physical, and spiritual stamina, you will inspire others to reach for new heights.
5. Intelligent - Read, study, and seek challenging assignments.
6. Fair-minded - Show fair treatment to all people. Prejudice is the enemy of justice. Display empathy by being sensitive to the feelings, values, interests, and well being of others.
7. Broad-minded - Seek out diversity.
8. Courageous - Have the perseverance to accomplish a goal, regardless of the seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
9. Straightforward - Use sound judgment to make good decisions at the right time.
10. Imaginative - Make timely and appropriate changes in your thinking, plans, and methods.
A Leader will have the courage and think of an intelligent plan and execute that plan with excellence to manage the crisis.
Citation of resources: http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leadchr.html